Building a well-optimized landing page used to be hard. You had to go back-and-forth with a web designer and pay a whole heap of money before getting anything worth having!
This is all in the past and now you can build a feature-rich landing page without knowing any code and at the fraction of the price.
One of those tools is Instapage. A high-powered landing page builder with tons of helpful integrations and optimization features.
Below, I’ll show you the different features Instaage has and why many people choose it over a wordpress plugin. This will hopefully give you some information on whether it’s right for you.
What does Instapage do? A general look at the feature list
Instapage has many great features to it. You already know Instapage is a landing page builder but within this it has a ton of other cool parts to it to optimise your conversions.
Heres a list of some of the cool things instapage comes with:
- Drag and drop page builder – It’s not grid-based like WordPress page builders. You’re free to drag and drop each element exactly where you want it. This is super cool – keep reading to see it in action.
- Widgets – Widgets let you insert elements like CTA buttons, countdown timers, and more.
- 200+ customizable templates – These help if you don’t want to start from a blank slate.
- Direct access to 33 million Bigstock images – It’s easy to insert professional stock images, though you have to purchase each image separately.
- Detailed form builder and asset delivery – Easily create all types of forms, including multi-step forms. Then, connect to a huge number of integrations. Instapage can even handle automatically delivering assets like lead magnets.
- Helpful analytics – Heatmaps, A/B testing, Google Tag Manager, and more.
- Collaboration tools – Instapage brands itself as a platform for “marketing teams & agencies”, which results in a number of helpful tools for collaboration. For example, you can leave comments on specific parts of a landing page design draft.
- Instablocks – Save specific landing page sections to reuse across designs, or choose from Instapage’s pre-built sections.
- AMP Support – Design Google AMP landing pages using the same drag and drop interface.
- Detailed attribution data – Beyond analytics, Instapage can connect to Google AdWords and other services to integrate attribution data like AdWords campaigns or price data.
That’s by no means a full feature list – but it gives you an idea of what’s available on Instapage.
Why not just use a WordPress page builder?
Ok, as you read the feature list above, you might be wondering:
Why use Instapage over a WordPress page builder like Thrive Architect or Elementor?
Skipping the obvious answer that some of you might not actually be using the world’s most popular content management system (WordPress!), Instapage still has a few things going for it over a page builder.
First, it’s 100% dedicated to landing pages. Many WordPress page builders include some landing page templates, but it’s not their sole focus. Instapage has over 200 templates, and all of the widgets are geared towards landing pages.
Second, Instapage is much more focused on analytics and optimization. You get A/B testing, heatmaps, analytics, easy Google Tag Manager inclusion, and lots more. Most page builders don’t offer any of those features.
So if you’re analytically-focused, you might appreciate those extra options (though you’ll pay more for them).
Third, you can manage landing pages for multiple websites from one Instapage account, which is helpful if you run a number of sites.
Finally, Instapage can handle hosting both your landing pages and any digital assets (like lead magnets) that you want to deliver. While you can do that with WordPress, it’s definitely not as easy.
Instapage is a powerful landing page creation tool with loads of templates and optimization features that help you convert more customers. Some people may see it as expensive or paying over the top but serious marketers should appreciate the depth of functionality.